Welcome to my blog...

Hello... And thanks for stopping by/stumbling upon my blog. Do read on. It's just the thoughts and opinions of a regular bloke going about a fairly normal life. Hope you find something that is thought provoking and perhaps even inspiring....

Sunday 15 July 2012

Preparation is Key

So, now it's my turn to do a food blog. My brother in law is the food critic really (check out his blog - Gerry's Kitchen), but on Saturday night, Gerry treated us to a fantastic creation of his own. So here we go....

The menu looked great; the starter was, Thai Fish cakes followed by Thai green curry with sticky rice and the dessert (after making my dislike of rice pudding known) was a coconut panacotta with pineapple in a toffee and chilli sauce.

Of course, Gerry and Nicola were as usual great hosts and it was a great opportunity to relax and unwind after a busy day.

The busy day at Auchinleck Christian Fellowship Open Day

We settled down to our starter which was beautifully presented Thai fish cakes on a bed of rocket and lambs leaf lettuce. The texture of the fish cakes was beautifully dense and the compliment of the chilli sauce was pure genius.




This only served to whet my appetite for the main attraction, Thai green curry, which is a particular favourite of mine since I was first introduced to it in a little known restaurant in Leeds by the name of Fuji Hiro. I have to say that the serving of the curry in a bowl was a nice touch. The butternut squash and whole cherry tomatoes within the curry made the dish as attractive as it was tasty.




And then it was dessert time. Now, I must admit, if I had been in a restaurant and this particular dish had been on the menu I would not have chosen it. But, I have to say, I was blown away by the refreshing coconut panacotta and the real contrast of the pineapple, toffee and chill sauce.

 

All in all - another 10 out of 10 for Gerry's Kitchen....

So there we go my first...and probably the last...food blog...but to sum up - what made the meal perfect? - for me it was preparation....Gerry had tirelessly spent most of the day preparing and it certainly paid off. PREPARATION is key. Someone once said to me, "fail to prepare is to prepare to fail" - Here's my thoughts on the subject:

Thanks for stopping by!!

Phil

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment